The Company has been inventing the future through an innovative mindset and leading the way in data-driven solutions for over 100 years. They have met with an urgent and fast-growing demand that combines technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-management solutions. Their company is positioned to continue to deliver extraordinary outcomes that help enterprises improve their customers’ experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of businesses. They drive advantages for their clients by combining IT, operational technology (OT), and domain expertise.
- Assist sales, pre-sales and services sales teams in services sales pursuits and engagements.
- Develop Level of Effort estimates and scope Professional Services work for customer engagements.
- Provide pioneering subject matter expertise and advise on the best possible solution. Recipients of this advice may be: customers, the pre-sales teams, sales teams, services sales team, professional services practice team, Global Delivery team and partners.
- Create or manage the creation of detailed technical designs from high level solution designs based on analysis of customer’s environment and requirements.
- Proactively manage and lead the delivery of customer-focused workshops, showing agility, flexibility and a capability to be creative in solutioning, whilst aligning to the Storage line of business products and services.
- Act as the lead consultant and delivery subject matter expert in both a pre-sales context and on delivery engagements. Execute projects according to the agreed work plan under direction of the Project Manager, and where necessary, direct technical consultants in their delivery tasks.
- Provide project status information to account teams and Project Managers, including risk identification, task delay and task completion estimates. Validate with the Project Manager that the completion expectations have been met.
- Proactively alert the Project Manager of potential problems based upon strong working knowledge of software and hardware compatibility within the customer's environment.
- Identify, analyze and manage technical risks within projects and make strategic decisions on what will be the most effective use of resources to drive increased profitability.
- Participate in strategic project review sessions to share materials or lessons learned with the wider services team. Principal Consultants play a critical role in the knowledge feedback loop for refining existing solutions and the creation of new service offerings.
- Develop skills and work with the manager to attend prescribed/requested training as defined in the training scheudle, demonstrating accountability for keeping own performance on track and a commitment to personal learning and development. Ensuring technical skills are at the forefront of subject matter expertise.
- Provide guidance to local teams or third-party Partners to collaborate and implement the technical solution, build mutual support and and develop an understanding with colleagues across functions.
- Provide subject matter expertise to troubleshoot implementation and operational issues, tailoring information, insights and arguments for different stakeholders.
- Seek advice and escalate to management for assistance and or relevant support as required during critical customer situations by adhering to documented escalation procedures.
- Build relationship with associated Principal Consultants in other territories and practices to share knowledge and review/validate intended project approach, provide a clear sense of direction, by aligning goals, objectives and priorities to business strategy.
- Prepares, maintains and submits activity/progress reports and time recording/management reports in accordance with published procedures.
- Assist in or be responsible for the creation of knowledge management articles and perform all knowledge management tasks in accordance with defined processes, procedures and personal KPIs.
- Effectively represent The Company in a professional manner to the customer at all times.
- Significant experience within storage technologies with deep technical infrastructure skills and know how they can be deployed to fit customer solution requirements.
- Willingness to work on a flexible schedule and travel where required.
- A good team player - building mutual support and understanding with colleagues across functions
- Have strong critical thinking skills, ability to remain calm under pressure and able to diffuse difficult situations by effectively managing customers expectations.
- Proactive in delivery, demonstrating accountability for keeping own performance on track
- Technical degree preferred