Our client is global market leader in GIS, location analytics and geospatial solution, they operate in a very niche but world changing space.-with a wide range of GIS products and solutions to meet any government, business or industry need - building the world’s most powerful mapping and spatial analytics software. The possibilities are endless but they need YOUR geospatial domain expertise to help them go the next mile and continue this "world domination" legacy.
Do you have experience developing business in enterprise software solutions within Asia Pacific, in a team environment, directly and through channels? Are you a top performing sales and business development executive who wants to continue building a rewarding career? Utilize your understanding of the region’s culture, organizations, and multi-channel software business development experience to help emerging economies’ organizations leverage geographic technology to achieve their goals.
- Drive opportunities. Collaborate with distributors, business partners, and across client’s sector teams to create strategic business plans providing clear direction for all software and services to customers or prospects in the region. Orchestrate virtual teams of staff, distributors, strategic partners, and integrators to support the development and execution of sales strategies for specific opportunities.
- Think strategically. Develop sales strategies and business development that employ direct and channel approaches to significantly expand the use of client’s solutions in Asia Pacific. Ensure the continued success of key client solutions implementations in the region.
- Partner with distributors. Work with client’s distributors to demonstrate the value of our technology and solutions to customers and prospects through business case development, references, and ROI. Support distributors to increase the execution of sales activities to achieve internal business objectives. Co-develop proposals to respond to RFPs, RFIs, and tenders. Represent client at regional and user conferences, partner events, and a variety of public speaking engagements.
- Build relationships. Develop and foster executive level and C-suite relationships across customers, partners and distributors and evangelize the market through a thorough demonstration of use cases and application of our solutions across a range of sectors/industries.
- Deliver results. Manage client’s agreements and deployed licenses. Ensure continued success of all client’s software deployments. Be familiar with client offerings in this market.
- 8+ years of experience providing market leading software and technical solutions to customers in the Asia Pacific region
- Experience working for a large technology focused international MNC in a remote and matrixed environment within APAC
- Knowledge of GIS and experience
- Demonstrated ability to sell enterprise software solutions directly and through a channel in a team environment or demonstrated ability to work as a team promoting and developing software solutions in Asia Pacific
- Demonstrated ability to manage the acquisition cycle including prospecting, proposing, closing, and further developing an account
- Experience responding to RFPs, RFIs, and tenders in complex environments and short timeframes
- Highly emotionally aware individual with the ability to influence at the “C” level to build long term relationships, maintaining open communication throughout the organization
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and translate it into solutions that address customer needs
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Fluent English (speak and write) and another Asian language
- Ability to travel up to 25% to 50% of the time throughout Asia Pacific, and occasionally travel to the U.S.
- Bachelor’s or master’s in engineering, business administration, GIS, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- In-depth knowledge in one or more key industries: government, natural resources, transportation, utilities (electric, gas, telco), water
- Ability to develop competencies in other individual contributors and teams with a goal toward self-sufficiency in that group
- Public speaking experience
- Awareness of marketing tactics and strategies
- Highly motivated team player with a mature, positive attitude and a passion for driving the use of GIS to meet the challenges and opportunities of business