Our client is one of the most exciting US tech start-ups whose is making waves in open-source distributed SQL database.
We take the success of our customers very seriously, so this is a role with huge impact. We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer based in Singapore to join our growing Technical Support team.
- Work directly with enterprise customers to replicate, troubleshoot, and resolve complex technical issues
- Build out a growing technical team distributed across Asia-Pacific region with core support process and skills
- Work with our developers to identify defects and opportunities for product improvement
- Improve the serviceability of the product by testing new features and developing tools to scale our deployments and auto-support infrastructure
- Define and inspire changes to our product with our development engineering team based on feedback from customers and partner implementations
- Develop and contribute to internal and external knowledge bases
- Provide support on weekdays and also off-hours on an as needed and scheduled rotational basis
- Be a champion for our customers. Go above and beyond to ensure customers are getting the most out of their investment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – you’re able to work with a wide variety of people and collaborate with geographically distributed teams and effectively communicating everything from data points to critical feedback
- Entrepreneurial spirit and are not afraid to take on new challenges
- Customer Obsession – you are passionate about delivering a high-quality support experience and providing customers with the tools they need to succeed. You judge our own success by the success of the team and the happiness of our customers.
- Professional experience troubleshooting at least five of the following: Linux Sysadmin experience, Kubernetes, ansible, Postgres, MongoDB, MySQL, Cassandra, Database Administration, management of distributed systems, network troubleshooting including tcpdump, query performance, performance troubleshooting with tools like perf and strace
- Well recommended candidates will have experience scripting and writing code in Python, Bash, and Java, or have some full stack web development experience.
- 5-7 years in a technical support role required
- Prior experience as technical lead preferred