Our client is one of the fast expanding MNC with a digital transformation and integration solution which spans from IOT/BI/Hyper-converged/infrastructure products and services.
The Sales Director – Southern Region is part of the The Company Digital Infrastructure Solutions Business Unit for ANZ Management Team and is critical in achieving The Company growth in ANZ. This is a senior lead position with ownership of the business and sales strategy for the Southern region in order to deliver on The Company strategic business plan.
The overall success of this role will be to build upon the ability to develop, engage, and motivate a high performing ‘Southern’ sales team. To support this, the incumbent will be expected to have strong leadership capability and implement and maintain rigorous sales management growth and processes.
- Regional sales target attainment amongst the sales pathways (including direct, indirect, business consulting) through deepening and widening The Company's product, solutions and services penetration.
- Drive sales performance to significantly improve sales planning and sales management processes whilst driving team performance.
- Drive growth in new and existing accounts across product and solution portfolios.
- Leverage case studies, competitive knowledge and resources to maximise The Company's advantages and win rates.
- Manage sales and expense, gross margin and revenue (top line and mix) budgets.
- Balancing between short-term gain and long-term growth for all opportunities and initiatives to achieve/exceed targets and objectives (including revenue, margin and GSS) and increase market share.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key customer and partner executives at all levels.
- Ensures close cross functional collaboration with ANZ VP and Country Manager as well as Sales, Partners, Sales Operations, Services and other corporate functions to achieve and exceed ANZ business objectives.
- Provide assessments of competitive market conditions, as well as intelligence concerning direct competitor initiatives.
- Utilize commercial acumen to interpret and negotiate tenders and contracts for clear and successful outcomes for The Company.
- Planning & Strategy
- Key member of the ANZ Management Team contributing to the development and execution of the overall ANZ vision and strategy and achievement against targets and strategic objectives.
- Responsible for developing and implementing the overarching strategy for the Region, including the preparation of targets and objectives for the region and providing regular feedback as to actual progress to targets (budgets) and outlining reasons for variances to Senior Management.
- Manage People And Performance
- Providing effective coaching and feedback to direct (and indirect) reports to achieve and exceed their objectives.
- Maintain and develop a high performing sales team including the coordination of recruitment, career and development opportunities, performance reviews and assessment, recognition and reward.
- Developing and Leveraging Relationships – builds strong internal and external relationships and is effectively able to use them to achieve business outcomes;
- Executing for Results – sets aggressive schedules for improvement, conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure, uses resources in a flexible way, is pragmatic and understands which actions will drive real value for the business;
- Building Teams – Engages the team through his / her enthusiasm, delegates significant responsibility to team members and holds them accountable, seeks mentoring opportunities, gets personally and actively involved in sourcing, selecting, developing and retaining top talent for key positions.
- Minimum 15+ years’ experience in a sales management capacity, with an outstanding sales track record and ability to coach and mentor other sales professionals. Experienced in Infrastructure Storage preferred or Networking, Server, Compute or Software
- Previous experience in sales management in the vertical required;
- Strong knowledge and contacts within the Southern region [VIC, SA, WA, TAS & New Zealand]
- Proven experience of working in a direct, territory and channel based sales organisation;
- Degree qualified desirable;
- Proven credentials building a business in the scale of $50M annual revenues;
- Experience working effectively at the “C” level;
- Sound knowledge of the Australia & New Zealand Technology / IT market;
- Sound financial business acumen.
- Skills (worked Related Competencies Both Technical And Non-technical)
- Effectively leads a cross functional teams to inspire trust, collaboration and success.
- Builds a culture focused on innovation, execution, accountability and results.
- Understand need for and embraces change, effectively planning, preparing and leading and implementing change.
- Proven record of successful people management of a medium to large team, specifically in recruiting, leading, motivating, coaching, and developing;
- Communication – communicates passion and energy, is highly articulate, makes arguments in a compelling manner;
- Operates with the highest integrity and effectively role models and upholds the Company Values, The Company's Spirit.
- Demonstrated commercial acumen and excellent communication and negotiation skills.