The Technical Support Engineer is responsible for providing business critical technical support to partners, highly skilled customers, IT and functional staff. These includes Database and System Administrators, IT Managers and Directors, line-of-business Managers and Financial Controllers. In addition, the position requires frequent interaction with Product Development and Consulting Services to deliver complete, comprehensive solution and constant software and process improvement. As a Technical Support Engineer, you will be providing Web and/or telephone-based support.
- Take ownership of customer issues and see problems through to resolution and provide enterprise level technical support to our customers via phone, web, and email and other support channels as required.
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve customer issues related to application use, design and configuration. Prepare test systems for replication of user issues.
- Effectively communicate complex technical issues to a broad range of customers and departments within Kofax, such as product management, software engineering, sales, and quality assurance.
- Take issues escalated from Associate Technical Support Engineers as needed and directed by management.
- Escalate customer issues to senior support engineers as needed, providing detail description of problems along with steps taken to analyze the problem.
- Use approved protocol to communicate with Development engineers on the analysis of software issues.
- Escalate hot fix requests to support managers for processing based on approved protocol.
- Contribute to the body of knowledge by creating and maintaining knowledge base articles and other technical documents.
- Assist Consultants with implementations and project work as well as with documentation reviews and quality assurance testing as needed
- Work as part of a highly skilled, motivated and cooperative team, with both shared responsibilities and direct ownership of issues
- Deg in IT/Software Engineering/Computer Science or relevant
- Min 7-10 years of Software Technical support experience with skills in Microsoft .Net Development
- Experiences in Document Content Management software with familiarity on Financial Processes (e.g AP, AR and GL)
- Good understanding of business processes and workflows
- Familiar with Windows Diagnostics tools, such as Process Monitor and Event Viewer
- Able to work within different time zone or on a shift work pattern
- RDBMS architecture
- Oracle database or
- MS SQL Server
- Database access tools and languages (SQL, PL/SQL, PLSQL Developer, TOAD)
- ERP Solutions and Financial Applications such as Oracle, SAP)
- Including Enterprise Software Architecture, design and development, and customization (Oracle Financials, SAP)
- Application Servers (WebLogic)
- IIS Internet Information Services - configuration and troubleshooting
- Web / HTML development