Our client is one of the IT and network global listed company, currently expanding the cloud team.
They are considered as one of the leading cloud service providers with broad range of Cloud products & services including private cloud, public cloud and edge cloud as well as cloud consulting and managed services.
The Senior Lead Sales Engineer (Cloud) provides top in class Sales Engineering and Architectural support for complex, high performance, and Hybrid IT solutions. They are the clients trusted advisor whom is responsible for helping architect and design a solution that achieves the client’s business needs and goals.
The Senior Lead Sales Engineer is responsible to provide consultative technical expertise throughout the sales cycle which includes the preparation and presentation of designs, bids, and proposals.
- Perform consultative, solutions-based design for business clients who desire outsourced Cloud infrastructure options to enhance their own technical capabilities.
- Pre-sales design and implementation expertise in Enterprise/WAN/Cloud service integration.
- Determine client requirements and provide designs for (Must have) Managed Cloud Services, Cybersecurity, Virtualization, Cloud Storage, Internet connectivity, Application Mordernization, Cloud Application, Managed Cloud (Hybrid/Private/Public), Hosting…..etc.
- Field technical questions from prospects and clients.
- Represent The company Business technical capabilities to prospective customers and existing customer base, and influence customer expectations according to the company offerings capabilities and constraints.
- Provide post-sale support to installation personnel as needed to clarify service expectations; including providing diagrams, verbal explanation, and written documentation
- Present technical training to new and existing sales and Sales Support personnel
- Meet and exceed management targets for number of customer contacts, number and complexity of sales opportunities supported, and training completed
- Provide technology consulting for internal contacts in Product Management and Marketing, and translate prospective customer requirements into recommendations for new or enhanced products and features
- Ensure compliance with all Policies and Procedures
- Attend company and regional meetings as required, maintain peer relationships and understand and utilize company resources.
- Work on opportunities within assigned region to meet regional objectives and targets.
- Consistent track record of driving Managed deals toward closure and seeing them smoothly through the company business process.
- Drive and instill solution best practices across regional team.
- Function as thought leader - can demonstrate industry segment knowledge on how technology can meet real world Client needs and challenges.
- Able to establish a business need, through Client dialogue, or take an already established Client business need and map this onto functional and non-functional requirements which would drive any service proposal.
- Build technical relationships within Clients either from the initial engagement for new business or in established Clients.
- Ensure that the technical relationship includes other parts of the Company business.
- Understand our Client’s position, industry, how they differentiate themselves in their market.
- Understand and leverage the company full range of capabilities to architect solutions that help our client’s business grow, enter new markets, save cost, or mitigate risk, also to generate value for our client’s and in return win our client’s business.
- Evangelize new capabilities that the company have announced and the potential applications that may help the Client either make more money, save money, or mitigate business risk.
- Qualify all opportunities in partnership with the Sales Representative who is accountable for the Client ensuring the increasing accuracy of forecasting.
- Provide technical training to the sales teams and SE team, mentor Solutions Engineers, and share knowledge.
- Provide technical support to help drive revenue through all sales channels.
- Develop & present preliminary technical designs for customer solutions.
- Set and achieve appropriate expectations to internal and external clients on all deliverables
- Complete understanding of the sales process.
- Good face-face customer interaction skills.
- Excellent knowledge in Managed Cloud Services, Virtualization, Cloud Storage, Cybersecurity, Internet connectivity, Application Modernization, Cloud Application, Managed Cloud (Hybrid/Private/Public)…..etc.
- Knowledge and at least 8 years’ experience in Managed Cloud Services, Virtualization, Outsourced infrastructure solutions (managed and un-managed), specialized Enterprise application suites.
- Knowledge and at least 2 years’ experience in architecting and provisioning solutions on Azure/AWS/GCP IaaS and the respective associated cloud services.
- Excellent interpersonal, and communication skills (oral, written and presentation).
- Excellent organizational skills - able to work on multiple opportunities for multiple Clients simultaneously.
- Experience performing needs assessments, and making recommendations based on the discovered need.
- Establishing and maintaining key relationships at senior levels within customer organizations to develop & close deals
- Generate and share insights from customer engagement sessions to distil customer business needs, strategize on potential opportunities/offerings and collaborate with Product teams to develop compelling and repeatable client propositions
- Formulating, implementing and managing strategic engagement plans for each opportunity including deal structuring ideas and proposal storylines/pitches for sharing across internal stakeholders.
- Negotiating major complex deals, in particular providing the technical support in developing a fit for purpose solution based on repeatable modules that can be delivered within commercial construct.
- Coordinating and working in a complex matrix environment to establish balance of solution and commercial outcome both internally and with customers
- Being accountable for deal Business Cases for internal approvals
- Ability to document solution components in a timely manner while ensuring acceptable level of detail, data integrity, and accountability
- Ability and willingness to share knowledge and expertise among various organizations within the company.
- Ability and willingness to take the initiative to facilitate teamwork within the various organizations of the company to serve the customer.
- Ability to work in a team environment and demonstrate strong problem-solving skills
- Capability to schedule time with flexibility to handle varying workload, and still meet tight deadlines
- Experience in sales, marketing or consulting
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Computer Science/Telecom
GOOD TO HAVE
- SAP ECC solutions and S/4HANA Public Cloud Edition is a bonus.