Our Client is a US software vendor in Intelligent Automation space, combining RPA, digitization, BPM, mobility & engagement and analytics.
This role reports to the VP of Sales, APAC (Intelligent Automation), Business Development team to help customers around the South East Asia (SEA) develop solutions for the automation journey from cognitive, AI-based solutions to robotics process automation.
The successful Business Development representative (BDR) must have exceptional communication skills, loves the thrill of the hunt and is determined to be successful.
BDRs are the front line of the sales process and spend their days generating new conversations and appointments in our strategic accounts, expanding our footprint in new markets and verticals with new prospects, and accelerating first calls to opportunities as part of the sales process. When prospective customers are identified, BDRs are responsible for initial qualification, scheduling first calls with account executives and nurturing the opportunity with the team all the way through close.
- Working closely with sales, pre-sales engineer, delivery and the field marketing team, manage inbound leads and make outbound prospecting calls within key accounts to set up qualified appointments
- Identify, qualify, create and manage a strong pipeline of new business in both existing customers and prospects
- Achieve or exceed goal for qualified monthly appointments, monthly deals in forecast, and annual revenue targets
- Qualify and forecast deals accurately and consistently
- Build strong relationship with sales representative and pre-sales engineer to help qualify and nurture opportunities to ensure higher win rate
- Meet weekly with sales representative to plan account goals and align outbound prospecting activities
- Participate in quarterly regional sales meetings to discuss company updates, business and sales reviews
- Proactively continue to learn competitive products and increase market knowledge via website, on-line webinars, and publicly available information
- Understand, engage and articulate the value of our client’s solutions and services to C-level audiences
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of our client’s product, services and solutions portfolio as well as its positioning – strengths, competitive advantages, overall market and business drivers, value proposition of our client’s portfolio and business value
- Min 5 years of business development experience and/or 3-5 years of enterprise field sales experience preferred
- Experience working and selling software or IT solutions. Successful selling experience with RPA, ECM, BPM, ERP or Document management technologies preferred
- Proven track record of success in first call to opportunity creation and progression
- Excellent communication skills & dynamic presence
- Positive attitude and a drive to win
- Hunter type personality combined with board room presence and presentation skills
- Strong work ethic, with commitment to long term success
- Ability to consistently close deals through effective negotiations and deal management
- Have an appetite for learning new things
- A people person and are curious by nature
- Adaptable and can think on your feet. Can create a personal connection with any prospect you meet
- Technically savvy (Microsoft Office, Salesforce, SalesLoft etc.)
- Fluent in English and other Asian languages preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred