Communications Manager, APAC
Our client is a global leader in video management software (VMS) and the company behind the open platform VMS solutions.
They are seeking for a capable Communications Manager to join their APAC team.
The Communications team is responsible for strengthening the Company’s positive reputation in the market and drive communications to all stakeholders internally and externally to anchor who they are, why they exist and what they stand for.
As a highly successful company with ambitious thought leader communications goals, they are in the process of rolling out a new Company purpose and focused on integrating the internal communications program, building a new company communications calendar process, expanding their messaging framework and value propositions as well as enhancing their thought leadership communications program
They want to move from being company and product centric to becoming community and platform driven and build higher visibility and positive momentum around that.
The Company takes pride in working really well with their community partners and always looking for new ways of scaling communications content development with and via partners, new ways to increase direct publishing and time to market with our news
Media strategy and implementation
- Develop the APAC media strategy and editorial plan to promote and position the Company’s products and employer brand in APAC esp. within the national, business, tech, security and vertical media.
- Pitch the appropriate messaging to relevant APAC media and ensure sufficient press coverage.
- Monitor, track and evaluate APAC media coverage via retriever (media monitoring tool) and ensure alignment with external APAC PR agency where relevant.
- Define the list of media spokesperson(s) for APAC and work closely with Corporate and Regional Communications Managers to ensure they are media savvy.
- Define and produce weekly media digest newsletter.
- Foster good relationships with key media contacts and influencers to drive and influence media coverage and exposure.
Advisory to Senior Leadership team / APAC VP
- An advisor to Senior Leadership team / APAC VP on external communications activities E.g., Analyst relations, executive media panels, speaking engagements and related industry issues.
- Ensure that the Senior Leadership team / APAC VP are amply prepared for media interviews and press briefings.
- Coordinate interviews and meeting with the press for the Senior Leadership team / APAC VP.
Public Relations and Events
- The main point of contact for APAC press inquiries.
- Manage all other regional APAC events, align and coordinate speakership engagements etc.
- Prepare press related materials (e.g. Press releases, blogs, articles, social media content).
- Pro-actively formulate and pitch ideas them to the regional APAC media.
Corporate Communications and Regional Alignment
- Support corporate messaging positioning and activities and ensure they are aligned with regional marketing direction.
- Leverage and repurpose content across the global comms team.
- Support corporate communication in distribution and repurposing of product related releases and updates.
- Review analytic with global comms team, make recommendations to improve readership.
- About 10 years of relevant professional Communications experience with companies within the tech/software domain, esp. with a partner centric business model.
- Familiarity in engaging with South Asia, South Pacific and India audiences is beneficial.
- Demonstrates good business acumen with a strategic mindset to utilize communications as a useful leverage tool for the business.
- Charismatic with strong writing skills.
- Engage confidently and comfortably with international stakeholders including the senior leadership team.
- An organized strategist, able to adjust to any kind of situation with adaptability and flexibility.
- Has passionate and drive in whatever they do, full of zeal and positive vibes.