The Presales Solution Engineer leads technical, customer-facing pre-sales consulting, post-sales technical guidance, and hands-on assistance for targeted accounts, partners, and internal stakeholders. Working closely with customers, partners, and internal teams from Sales, Product Development, and Customer Success, this person develops solutions within current products to meet customer needs. The Solution Engineer is responsible for listening to customer challenges and gathering customer requirements in order to develop platform based solution and consulting services to enable our customers to better leverage current and future products. The Solution Engineer will enable the utilization of our platform to develop new markets by engaging and uplifting support organization.
What You'll Do
- Delivers compelling presentations of Client's platform to customers by developing custom engineered solutions and systems utilizing the full breadth of the platform.
- Develops and shares best practices for workflow automation utilizing Chains.
- Understands the customer's business drivers and how to map these to Client's platform.
- Provides technical leadership in the Requirements Discovery, Solution Development, Solution Proposal, and delivery stages of the sales cycle.
- Ensures customer success by working with Client Services team for smooth onboarding and long term success.
- Develops and maintains technical and business expertise of cloud industry directions and trends.
- Works closely with the product teams to have a good understanding of new and upcoming products and solutions.
- Presents product roadmap to customers and partners effectively.
- Enables support organizations via training and best practice definition for utilizing the platform.
- Articulates the features and benefits of solutions and products.
What You'll Need
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- Strong customer-facing and relationship-building skills.
- Technical aptitude to establish credibility with technical leaders.
- Ability to “wear many hats” to meet customer needs.
- Strong consulting soft skills and tactful conflict management skills.
- Ability to uncover business challenges and develop a custom solution to solve those challenges.
- Must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate professionally with customers, and internal cross-functional teams including Sales and Engineering.
- A structured thinker with strong presentation and problem solving skills.
- Ability to conceptualize, distill, and present data flows and connections.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, determine project urgency and execute detailed action plans with minimal oversight.
- Highest level of personal and professional ethics and integrity.
- 4-5+ years of experience in software development, workflow, or database management. Experience in a Big 4 environment is a plus.
- 2+ years of experience in a consulting, account management, or similar customer-facing role.
- Direct experience designing and deploying production level large scale integrations.
- Up to 40% travel.