Expand your horizon ... with us.
Ninety percent of all cargo in the world is transported via the ocean, and 1 out of every 4 containers starts their journey through our client’s portal. That's a lot of weight to carry, but not for a company that's already revolutionized shipping throughout the world. They are already the world's largest electronic transaction network for the ocean shipping industry, but 50% of all global shipping is still manual - there's still a lot of opportunity for growth on the horizon!!
Our client’s industry leading transaction processing and analytics technology are essential to today's shipping business processes and their SaaS-based products put the ocean at their client's fingertips. They don't just deliver products - they set the standard for today's critical shipping business processes.
As the Regional Sales Manager for 4 key markets– Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines and Myanmar, you will be challenged to grow the business, increase sales profitability and account penetration by effectively selling their products and services, identifying new opportunities, securing new customers and leading business development activities.
If you like what you've read so far, then we’d love to talk to you!
You will be awesome if you can
Be a whizz at Account Planning – turn plans to reality and revenue!
- Lead territory strategy and growth plan to achieve volume/revenue expectations, network expansion and customer retention across all business lines
- Develop an integrated account and market development plan in alignment with multiple product, marketing and channel managers.
- Analyzes the territory/market’s potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customer’s value to the organization.
- Plans and organizes personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for the territory/segment.
- Develop and maintain “Account Plans” in Salesforce.com
Get as many NEW customers as you can cos there is never enough!
- Identify new business opportunities for core business solutions
- Focus on new customer acquisition and growth particularly in the “AAA” segment.
- Researches sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
Focus on more businesses from existing customers!
- Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the organization’s products/services.
- Consult with customers to understand their business process and recommend appropriate e-commerce solutions
- Demonstrates products and services to existing/potential customers and assists them in selecting those best suited to their needs.
- Creates and manages a customer value plan for existing customers highlighting profile, share and value opportunities.
- Maintain constant customer contact – calls, visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers.
- Develops clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers.
- Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
Collaobrate seamlessly with colleagues and partners!
- Regional ownership through communications with the Company’s Managing Directors, for all account activities relative to account penetration, business development activities, integration requirements, support requirements and overall account satisfaction at the headquarters and key regional offices
- Build successful partnership/business relationships at senior levels with ocean carriers, port owners, government bodies and industry leaders to sell the value proposition of e-commerce.
- Cultivate and manage in-country relationships with ocean carriers and alliance partners, including execution of contractual agreements as appropriate, in support of global revenue goals.
- Coordinates sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics and technical service groups.
- Participate in joint sales calls with carrier teams & local industry events.
Know your space
- Provide and demonstrate industry thought leadership through value-add relationships to the industry (e.g. represent the Company on industry forums) within region to promote the acceptance of e-commerce.
- Identifies advantages and compares organization’s products/services.
- Listen to market needs and provide feedback into the organization.
- Communications across company to achieve global account penetration and satisfaction
- Working with regional and headquarter personnel to address any and all account related needs and corporate related objectives
For the above, ideally you have these to hit the ground running if you have a track record of:
- A Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- At least 10+ years of direct sales experience; international experience would be great!
- Significant commercial experience in a 3PL, Logistics, Software solutions or Ocean Carrier environment would be essential.
- Success in sales activities such as new business development, customer retention; and sales support related activities
- Extensive background in international supply chain and e-commerce solutions would be very helpful.
- Commercial understanding and industry knowledge of the Internet and e-commerce solutions for the logistics sectors such as B2B web portals is a an advantage.
- Able to speak another Asian language will be vert helpful for you (and to us).
Culture wise, you will fit right in if you are:
- Flexible and adaptable – can shift with the demands of the business in an entrepreneurial, informal environment
- Polished with good EQ and negotiation skills, Listens and presents well.
- Tenacious and able to navigate corporate structures
- A team player
- Innovative and motivated with oodles of strong internal drive