Our client is a US listed MNC, specializes in internet connection and related services operates globally leading by market share with more than 175 data centers in 44 metropolitan areas in 22 countries on 5 continents.
The Global Account Manager (GAM) sells the company solutions to Global Accounts assigned within territory/region, maintaining and expanding accounts to meet global account plans and strategies. Focus is on a few more strategic, high revenue, and complex global accounts across the region or globally.
Build Customer Relationships
- Develops and maintains relationships with regional/global customer executives to drive global bookings/revenue growth in assigned accounts
- Manages the engagement with the customer as a strategic alliance relationship
- Identifies larger trends in customer issues across the account and develops action plans for long term improvements, implementing best practices
- Engages internal Executives in the Account
Leverage Internal Partners & Channel
- Develops and manages successful partnerships with internal organizations to support the strategic customer relationship, including Solutions Architects, Sales Engineering, Contracts, Billing, FP&A, Product Marketing, and Business Development at the regional or global level
- Resolves complex and diverse customer issues
- Delivers a global account plan to senior executives on a semi-annual basis and manages implementation of account plan regionally or globally
- Develops global strategic account plan from detailed strategic region/territory plans
- Manages account activity relative to quarterly and fiscal year plan, creates executive reports with understanding of customer life cycle
- Influences long term planning for account
- Drives coordinated selling approach and account planning with global counterparts and continually communicates global account strategy to internal partners and stakeholders in the region/globally
- Synthesizes customer’s business needs, challenges, and technical requirements from regions and recommends The Company solutions
- If applicable, sells business value of "The Company" "sell with" activities to global customer extending value of The Company platform
- Leads delivery of expert, compelling approach, leveraging the global account strategy
- Sells "The Company" as a strategic partner and incorporates the full suite of The Company offerings including global footprint
- Leverages external partners to drive solution development in new areas/prospects
- Develops detailed understanding of commercial terms and problem solves regional/global implications, making decisions on more complex issues to drive deal alignment and with long term strategy
- Proactively addresses high churn risk customers, leveraging internal resources and external partner, to resolve issues
- Drives customer contract renewals and negotiations to protect revenue
- Develops, defines, and implements global channel/reseller relationships with targeted accounts
- Monitors and updates on pipeline and forecast status (‘Five to Forecast’) of each account/opportunity for current and future quarters
- Manages prioritization of opportunities for short- and long-term pursuit to achieve regional/global objectives
- Analyzes trends across the account and develops plans to minimize and forecast churn
- Leads complex commercial offer and contract negotiations, leveraging internal resources as needed to obtain best commercial terms possible.
- Understands commercial levers and problem solves to make initial recommendations on deal structure; overcomes objections and positions at senior levels in account.
- Partners with sales leadership to present at regional/global deal review
Good To Have
- More than 10 years experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree preferred