Our client is one of the technology leader in the IT industry and has just gone through a new transformation to help customers realize the full power of digital transformation. One of their objectives of digital transformation is to accelerate cost efficiency and time to market by rethinking operations and process. Converged and hyper-converged systems are key enablers for this.
- Structured Data Architect (SDA) is a highly technical role that will champion the effort of ensuring the field organization is able to tackle the most complicated and high value opportunities through a combination of direct engagement, and broad dissemination of skills.
- Will focus on a combination of enterprise data platforms (such as Oracle Db and SAP HANA) and enterprise hardware platforms (including compute, storage and networking).
- Will work with the Data Applications Lead to accelerate capability in the field to scale our ability to address large and complex database-driven infrastructure needs of our customers.
- Will work closely with the engineering teams to address technical issues and suggest capabilities to be incorporated in to future product & solution roadmaps.
- Will also be required to conceptualise architectural designs for large & complex database-driven infrastructure requirements. The Individual will participate in Data Applications cadence calls to track field execution and business status.
- Leverage technical expertise to identify solution capabilities so as to address business revenue and market share goals.
- Identify and foster relationships with key technical contacts in targeted structured database vendors (eg: Oracle, Microsoft and SAP)
- Assess and evaluate technical capabilities in the field presales teams and work with Data Applications Lead to formulate plans and tactics to address gaps.
- Review and validate infrastructure related architectural designs for housing databases and business applications.
- Establish and maintain core connections with engineering teams to represent the fields needs with respect to products, and ensure that the field is kept up to date with engineering insights.
- Participate in regular cadence discussions in Data Applications team to track progress against business goals.
- Represent the company at a strategic level on data trends and technology in industry events and in social media.
- A minimum of 15 years’ IT experience, with at least 5 years spent in solutioning complex architectural designs that support High Value and Multifaceted deployment of infrastructure to support OLTP & OLAP databases. Previously worked for a Technology Vendor or Large Systems Integration company.
- A deep understanding of structured database systems with a particular emphasis on Oracle or SAP HANA.
- Deep technical skills to understand and diagnose complicated database deployment challenges and suggest tactics to remediate.
- A clear understanding of a solutions sales approach and value added selling. Experience in Challenger Sales will be highly valued.
- Possess the ability to resolve issues and conflicts, as well as be able to take ownership when faced with challenging situations.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team to address strategic business goals
- Build and maintain connections with corporate engineering units remotely.
- Strong presentation skills with experience at large industry events, and in customer meetings.
- Business: Represents elements that will involve in driving revenue and/or market share goals around a specific area. Skills would involve market data analysis, business plan creation, campaign generation, and driving business cadence.
- Architectural: Represents the ability for the individual to translate a customer’s business needs or challenges into a high-level architectural design and/or solution in the areas of database, compute, storage & networking.
- Technical: Has a deep understanding of the database capabilities such as resiliency, availability & performance and its relationship with data centre infrastructure (compute, storage and networking). Experience in interpreting Oracle AWR & SAP HANA Db Sizing Report, SAP Quick Sizer report etc and applying the learnings to infrastructure architectural design.
- Product: Represents deep technical expertise in a specific technology or product offerings ideally from the Company offerings or similar infrastructure offerings.
- Experience in orchestrating teams of diverse roles and backgrounds.
- Highly proficient in written and spoken business English.
- Well organised, adaptable and a clear thinker.
- Strong leadership, influencing, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to accept responsibility and ownership.
- Innovative, actively looking for solutions to problems, a catalyst for change.
- Manage competing business pressures effectively.
- An accomplished communicator and influencer, able to work with customers, users, senior level management, sales and peers.
- A good understanding of consultative or solutions selling techniques.
- Confident and self-reliant, but be able to work as a team member, demonstrating clear commitment to team objectives.