They are looking for an accomplished Business Development Manager (BDM) to play a big role to drive adoption of our client's storage solution offerings.
As a BDM, your responsibilities will include partnering with APAC Sales teams to define key market segments to target, driving the necessary business and technical relationships with customers and partners to establish new business in those markets, and enabling the sales team drive the day-to-day interactions with prospects in order to build long-term business opportunity. You’ll also work closely with the Platform BD and product/service teams to help them evolve the products/services and address issues, concerns, and requests from the field.
- Serve as a key member of the APAC Business Development team in helping to drive overall STORAGE market and technical strategy
- Help define market segments, customer base, and industry verticals to target wit APAC
- Set a strategic business development plan for target markets and ensure it's in line with their strategic direction
- Execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, service teams, legal, support, etc.)
- Identify specific prospects/partners to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case
- Fill the business development pipeline by engaging with prospects, partners, and key customers
- Work closely with the customer base to ensure they are successful using our web services, making sure they have the technical resources required
- Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new customers
- Manage complex contract negotiations and liaison with the legal group
- Develop long-term strategic partnerships in support of our key markets
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market
- Experienced with account management (Enterprise, SMB and startup) and solution selling ability
- Some relevant technical knowledge is helpful, such as: database systems, core distributed computing concepts, fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization, storage systems, content delivery networks (CDNs) etc. with ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to differentiate between varied data storage services.
- Possess both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and architects.
- He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus.
- A keen sense of ownership and drive is a must.