Our client is IaaS vendors and retail colocation provider in the U.S.. They globally earning cloud and managed hosting recognition from leading technology analyst firms and is among the Fortune 500 list of America’s largest corporations, with an advanced enterprise capability across EMEA and Asia Pacific for Cloud, Hosting, Colocation and Network services.
- To lead and manage the Thomson Reuters Asia Sales team in delivering the sales objectives that are aligned to company strategy and business plan. Focus and drive the sales team to deliver exceptional results and improve sales penetration within Thomson Reuters. (TR).
- To create a sales led environment which not only provides leadership for other departments in the company but also become a key source of “The Company”’s competitive advantage and the envy of our competitors.
- Deliver the Fiscal Year Sales MRR/SOV (Monthly Recurring Revenue) and NRR/TBER (Non-Recurring Revenue Target Attainment.
- Form long term relationships with “C” level decision makers to maximise business opportunities.
- Develop and drive sales strategy in conjunction with the global account team, proving regular updates on significant developments.
- Responsibility for the day-to-day management of the sales team, ensuring the structure is appropriate to achieve planned sales and other targets.
- Ensure all members of the sales team have clear objectives, which are regularly monitored, paying particular attention to skills development in order that there is an appropriate balance to meet the future needs of the business and that any shortfall in skill or ability is identified and remedied appropriately.
- Deliver the sales financial budget on all key metrics including order mix.
- Develop and implement plans to increase penetration within Thomson Reuters in respect of cross selling opportunities, within sales and cross functionally with Client Services both in APAC and globally.
- To participate actively in regular sales calls and bid reviews as appropriate and contribute to the rapid growth of sales, demonstrating excellent sales management and closing skills to the team.
- Provide weekly/monthly reporting to the TR leadership team with a detailed insight into the sales function.
- Work closely with both the Product Marketing and Marketing Communication functions to ensure that the region market has the appropriate and functionality of product that is in line with the strategic direction of the business both globally and in this region while ensuring optimization in our marketing capability for the market today and future growth.
- Develop and manage internal relationships, earning the respect of colleagues at all levels across the business ensuring a cohesive internal structure.
- Play a full role as a key member of the TR Leadership team, working collaboratively with colleagues to provide strategic direction and enhance the overall development of the business.
- Function as thought leader – able to demonstrate industry segment knowledge and how technology has solved real world Client needs and challenges.
- Able to establish a business need, through Client dialogue, or take an already established Client business need and map this onto functional and non-functional requirements which would drive any service proposal.
- Build technical relationships within Thomson Reuters either from the initial engagement for new business or in established Clients. Ensure that the technical relationship includes other parts of the “The Company” business.
- Understand Client’s position, industry, how they differentiate themselves in their market.
- Leverage “The Company” capabilities to architect solutions that help our client’s business grow, enter new markets, save cost, or mitigate risk.
- Understand our full range of capabilities are across the full range of the portfolio and leverage all capabilities to generate value for our client’s and in return win our client’s business.
- Evangelize new capabilities that “The Company” have announced and the potential applications that may help the Client either make more money, save money, or mitigate business risk.
- Qualify all opportunities in partnership with the Sales Representative who is accountable for the Client ensuring the increasing accuracy of forecasting by the Seller and driving the Best Case and Commit conversation rate higher.
- Provide technical support to help drive revenue through all sales channels.
- Develop & present preliminary technical designs for customer solutions.
- Set and achieve appropriate expectations to internal and external clients on all deliverables.
- Act as senior in region representative to Thomson Reuters ensuring that TR receives “Legendary” service End-to-End from CTL.
- Seasoned, experienced and dynamic sales professional that is commercially astute and driven in delivering results
- Experience in both direct and indirect sales and sales management within the IT industry.
- Possess a strong background in end user corporate sales (i.e. peer to peer selling, board level contact, new business orientated) and existing senior level relationships with relevant companies.
- Strong leadership and management skills
Good To Have
- Natural presence, ability to communicate to large numbers of people instantly and in a relaxed manner
- Possess high integrity and willing to put the interests of the company before personal gain, thereby achieving both
- Evidence of creative commercial deals which have demonstrated affinity to the tailored requirements of the customer, whilst ensuring we are able to fulfil the requirements without breaking the model.
- A College/University education desirable
- Experience in Selling into the Financial Services sector and Financial Market Data in particular.
- Achieve monthly/quarterly bookings target.
- Accurate forecasting.
- Manage and minimize customer churn.
- Increased network of senior relationships within customer base.
- Regular reporting of customer account base, sales results, successes and risk factors to TR Global Leadership team.
- Sales team structure developed to meet sales and order targets, with accurate resource planning to meet the changing needs of the business, across function. E.g. contribution to resource planning for roles that support sales in other functions, such as GSIO.
- Promotion of teamwork within SEA together with the rest of APAC region and Global sales function.
- Prompt creative problem resolution.
- Adherence of processes and procedures.
- Efficient administration, including commission plans, appraisals and performance improvement plans.
- A custodian of company values
- Contributes to the overall company objectives and supportive of other APAC Leadership team members.