Our client is one of the largest independent providers of connectivity solutions to the world’s communications and cloud ecosystems.
They are looking to hire a SMC Support Engineer
This role is responsible for responding promptly to all customer fault feedbacks/queries and taking appropriate actions to follow up closely with customers till case is closed, therefore maintaining high quality service standards for the Company.
- Respond to customer fault feedbacks/queries as first point of contact for the Company, providing excellent customer service and maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Assist customers with testing and trouble-shooting faults, coordinating maintenance activities and facilities’ access, providing test results and network records etc.
- Liaise with external vendors on complex issues and ensure closure with customers.
- Monitor system alarms and take prompt actions to investigate the cause and maintain records of actions taken.
- Monitor CCTVs regularly and report unusual activities immediately to relevant Head.
- Monitor air-conditioning systems regularly and report any system/power failures immediately to relevant Head.
- Conduct clear/proper handover of outstanding jobs to staff on next shift.
- Diploma in Electronic/Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with at least 3 years of experience in providing operational support in Telecommunications industry.
- Experience in similar support and shift environment within telecommunications industry will be advantageous.
- Able to work 12-hour shifts and around 4 shifts in a week.
- Possess experience and understanding of the following systems/networks/ technologies as listed will be highly desirable:
- DWDM, optical layer, L2 and L3 networks and services based on MEF standards (ELINE, ELAN, E-TREE, IEEE 801.1Q, QinQ, MEN / CE Y.1731, GVRP, STP, ERPS).
- Control switches, Media Gateways, SIP, MGCP/H.248, Voice Compression/Decompression, SIGTRAN (M2PA/M3UA), SS7 Signaling, Session Border Controllers (SBCs), VPN/IPSEC, Dynamic routing protocols BGP, OSPF.
- Possess “can do” attitude and take actions promptly.