Our client is a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of enterprise, government and start-up business and organizations in over 190 countries around the world. Launched in 2006, “The Company” officially began offering developer customers access to web services – now widely known as cloud computing – based on the Company’s own back-end technology platform.
The Solution Architect (SA) is to help advise the Financial Services & Insurance (FSI) customers on how to best adopt and leverage the value of “The Company” technology. Must have deep experience in the FSI industry, expert knowledge of the supporting applications and infrastructure and a solid understanding of the transformational value Cloud technologies can bring.
This SA belongs to the core member of the FSI Business Development team, and play a key role in developing GTM strategy. This role will engage with customers to determine business needs, opportunities and issues, and develop related technical solutions and value propositions leveraging the power of “The Company” Cloud technology.
- Design Customer Solutions with focus on FSI vertical, collaborating with the “The Company” Business Development function and internal teams to help customers transform to “The Company” Cloud-based technology solutions.
- Architect solutions leveraging “The Company” Technology, including solution development and potentially demonstrate technical feasibility through mechanisms like proof-of-concepts or prototypes,
- Thought Leadership – Evangelize “The Company” services and technologies through forums such as Blogs, Whitepapers, Reference architectures and Public-Speaking events such as “The Company” Summit and User-Group events. Capture and share best practices and insights internally and with partners and customers.
- Serve as a key member of the business development team, and account management teams in helping to ensure customer success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the Company platform. Identifying customer requirements and providing feedback into appropriate “The Company” services teams. Provide updates on customer progress and ensure plan execution by partners.
- The right individual will leverage FSI Industry expertise, architecture experience, and customer-facing skills to be a "trusted advisor" to customers. He or she will be able to facilitate relationships with senior personnel, as well as easily interact and give guidance to technology experts, software developers, IT pros, and system architects.
- Demonstrated the ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges. If you are someone who enjoys innovating, likes solving hard problems and working on cutting edge technology, we would love to hear from you.
- The role is based in Singapore and would be required to travel to support the business across the Asia-Pacific region.
- 10+ Years’ experience working in Financial Services organisations, implementing solutions in a regulated environment. Very strong experience in the FSI industry and associated regulatory environment, expert knowledge of the supporting applications and infrastructure
- 7 or more years’ experience as an Architect, designing and implementing large-scale solutions in the FSI environment. Deep experience with FSI related applications such as Core-Banking, Financial Information Workloads, Big-Data & Analytics and the like Solid understanding of Virtualisation and/or Cloud Computing Technologies
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams.
- A talent for being able to influence and build mindshare convincingly with any audience. Confident and experienced in public speaking to large audiences.
- The ability to handle complex relationships and work in a team environment is a key requirement.
- Ability to work across an Asia-Pacific context (Australia/New Zealand, ASEAN, India, Korea).
GOOD TO HAVE
- A strong understanding of AWS, Azure and/or technology as a service (Iaas, SaaS, PaaS) would be preferred but not required.
- MBA preferred. Technical degrees in computer science, software engineering, or math also highly desired.