Our Client is a French MNC, a recognized as a top niche player in the Gartner's MQ for Cloud-Enabled Managed Hosting and has expertise in a suite of solutions and services ranging from connectivity, UCC, security, Cloud and IoT/M2M Fleet management.
Cloud Transformation & Datacentre Consultant / Solutions Architect
The Company is currently looking for a cloud transformation and datacentre solutions architect, to join the team in Singapore. The role will have a focus on growing the company infrastructure services business, with specific reference to the Cloud and Managed Services portfolio.
The ideal candidate will possess both pre-sales and post-sales experience in architecting and delivering solutions encompassing compute, storage, datacentre LAN, and virtualization technologies. The Solutions Architect will work as part of the regional cloud team to meet with customers, act as a subject-matter expert for this portfolio, and subsequently propose, design and implement respective solutions.
- Provide technical expertise in analysing customer requirements, recommending solutions, and assisting sales and other pre-sales consultants with the development of proposals, quotations, and presentations.
- Accountable fo” back-end Engineering, Implementation and Operations teams.
- Assist the delivery teams by performing high level and low level design activities, including best practice recommendations on technologies and vendors.
- Work with the wider APAC team to assist on opportunities which fall outside primary responsibilities where required.
- Technical responsibilities include product selection and sizing, complex solution design and multi-vendor integration, and to facilitate product demonstrations and customer proof of concept engagements.
- Travel is not a major part of the role, but is required from time to time.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in IT (preferably 10+), including architecture design/implementation experience with multiple compute, storage, networking, cloud and virtualization technologies.
- Will hold a Bachelor’s degree or higher, and be fluent in spoken and written English (business level).
- Ability to work closely with customers and deal with them in a professional manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to produce clear and detailed pre-sales and technical documentation.
- Strong presentation skills, able to articulate both the technical and business value propositions of proposed solutions.
- Experience in 3 tier infrastructure architecture design for hybrid cloud environment.
- Ability to articulate the business and operations benefits of hybrid cloud solutions.
- Ability to analyse customer’s requirement and design the best solutions leveraging cloud platforms such as “The Company” FE, Amazon AWS, Windows Azure and hybrid cloud solutions.
- Ability to design and implement hybrid cloud solutions.
- Prior experience in defining the approach and migrating on premise workloads to a public cloud providers.
- Knowledge in writing cloud infrastructure provisioning code on platforms such as AWS Cloud Formation, Terraform and Ansible.
- Although this is not a ‘hands on’ role, prior technical experience in the following products would be advantageous:
- AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform certification
- VMWare vSphere (preferably VCP certified)
- Cisco LAN & IP Routing (preferably CCNA certified)
- Microsoft Technologies (preferably MCSE certified)
- Enterprise Storage Technologies (experience with NetApp and/or EMC)
- Server Technologies (experience with HP, Dell, and/or Cisco UCS)
Good To Have
- Previous experience with a Systems Integrator or Consulting organization would be preferred.