Our client is a US global communications and IT services company that powers the needs of 98% of Fortune 500 companies. “The Company” offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services.
This role is a subject matter experts and solution executives who bring a strong customer focus, experience in business development of technology services, especially security and consulting. They bring a strong reputation in the marketplace in core technologies such as internet and telecommunications. You will be part of a growing group inside a larger organization. If you have excellent communication and presentation skills paired with a thorough knowledge of IT security and risk management space, we want to hear from you. We hire those who display the company’s values, have deep expertise in serving clients and are passionate about advances in the cyber security space.
This role is accountable for providing high-quality security services to “The Company” customers. The candidate will have responsibility to manage pre-sales delivery, builds alliance with key partners and perform the full range of security services offered by the “The Company” security practice. The consultant will function in a pre-sales and delivery capacity and is required to advance their skill set in order to provide relevant expertise to customers.
- Engaging in RFP responses and SOW activities
- Supporting both consulting sales and consulting delivery
- Leading engagements/programs to successful completion
- Engaging with client leadership to ensure proper expectation setting
- Partnering with stakeholders (internal and external to “The Company”) to ensure proper strategy, plan, alignment, integration and visibility
- Maintaining visibility on day to day activities with project teams and ensuring sufficient face-time with key executive stakeholders
- Providing status reporting to internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis
- Owning end to end accountability for engagement program delivery
- Be comfortable and credible in building and executing plans associated with the delivery of work, coordination, communication, scope and other areas.
- Comfortable and credible giving security consulting advice at all levels of the client organization to the CSO/CIO level
- Be a subject matter expert in key security areas
- Build strong collaborative relationships with subject matter experts within “The Company” and client.
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 10-12 years of relevant work experience, preferably in a leading professional services environment. May be consulting environment within a security vendor or established security consulting firm (consideration will be given to candidates with similar internal security consulting experience in Fortune 500 company
- Experience consulting to security clients in regulated industries, government and non-regulated industries
- Proven experience interfacing in the C Suite of large and medium sized organizations.
- Knowledge of how to show strong value of work, including credibility to executive level, to drive approval of sales, upselling/cross-selling and expanding opportunities.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, influence and innovation.
- Strong customer focus and quality mindset.
- Some consulting based sales experience.
- Ability to see from and sell to multiple mindsets.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to work with urgency, and with a solid sense for setting priorities.
- Ability to manage own learning and contribute to domain knowledge building.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively across both technical staff and non-technical staff.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, extensive presentation experience, with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of management
- Deep expertise in providing security consulting to large scale multi-million dollar programs as well as multiple smaller projects as part of a larger program
- Experience delivering core IT Security Services focused around security architecture and technologies. This includes security network/application architecture, vulnerability assessments, PEN tests, threat assessments, endpoint security, incident remediation, forensics and identity/IAM
- Experience delivering Data Security Services focused around data security including data lake/warehouse/analytics security, big data security, security for IoT/cloud and other attack surfaces, “unusual” threat detection and security hygiene
- Experience delivering Enterprise Security Consulting Services focused around security strategies/programs and leadership support, including regulatory and governance support, security strategy, security program / PMO development and security crisis prevention/management
- Possible security technology certifications (CISSP, etc.)
Good to Have
- Knowledge of one or more MSS platforms is preferred