The Technology Architect will work in a fast-paced, collaborative development environment architecting, designing, developing and testing a cutting-edge cloud solution. In order to have the broadest impact,this role will engage with Product Owners, Developers, QA and Automation team members on cross-functional activities.
This role will play a significant role in the development of cutting edge IoT solutions and represent advanced technologies within the engineering organization. The Technology Architect will advise on integration best-practices, explore and evangelize domain expertise all while making direct hands-on contributions.
- Engage with strategic customers, system integrators and vendors on use cases & technology options.
- Engage with cross-functional business team on strategic vision, road maps and release requirements.
- Represent advanced technologies and integration best-practices within Engineering.
- Participate as a hands-on engineering contributor to feature development teams utilising a combination of architecture, design, implementation, qualification, characterization, etc.
- Represent product technology in a CTO-like role and ensure success at strategic deployments
- Candidates must be able to work in a fast-paced start-up like environment.
- Drive to bring IoT solutions to the market.
- Deep involvement in successful commercial release of new technologies.
- Outstanding communication and knowledge transfer skill.
- Self-starter that can deliver tremendous value with minimal direction.
- Willingness to load balance into any engineering role; working to ensure success of product and organization.
- Complies with all company published policies and procedures and performs all duties in a manner that complies with "The Company" core values.
- 6 - 10 years experience
- BS in IT, CS or EE
- 5+ years of expertise in database evaluation, and characterization
- 5+ years of expertise in a DevOps like role focused on deployment and management of engineering services
- 5+ years of expertise in Virtualization.
- 5+ years of expertise with microservice concepts and technologies like docker, kubernetes, mesosphere
- 5+ years of expertise solving technical challenges related to cloud deployment and service scalability
- 5+ years of expertise related to SASS security and infrastructure hardening.