Our client is the world’s leading supplier of software that optimizes process manufacturing and also the forefront of innovation in the process industries.
Our Client is looking for a talented Presales Business Consultant for their new product in Asset Performance Management.
- Provide customer-facing support of sales activities by demonstrating expertise in reliability and analytics. Lead technical sales support for assigned opportunities to maximize product and service bookings.
- Apply consultative skills in customer-facing situations to identify customer problems and understand their business and operational issues. Facilitate customer understanding of APM solution technical functionality, impact on asset optimization, and value creation.
- Collaborate with sales account managers in strategic and tactical planning activities to penetrate customers in the Client markets.
- Participate and/or lead customer consulting engagements to facilitate sales, including workshops, value assessments, and seminars.
- Deliver technical presentations to customers, and be able to answer detailed questions. Perform software demonstrations for customers, as required.
- Develop commercial proposals for assigned opportunities. Respond to RFI/RFQ/RFP questionnaires as required.
- Proactively support pipeline development (e.g. account planning, awareness sessions, etc.) and sales execution for assigned accounts and opportunities. Execute campaigns to grow APM revenue within assigned accounts.
- Accountable for achieving personal targets such as productivity, bookings and other Business Consulting related targets.
- 8-10 years of experience in the process or manufacturing industries.
- Familiarity with discrete manufacturing engineering.
- Prior experience with Client’s product suite is a plus.
- Strong business acumen. Adept at performing customer interviews, identifying improvement opportunities, and overcoming resistance to change.
- Flexibility to travel (50%)
- Chemical and/or refining industry experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of closed-loop real-time optimization a plus.
Good to have
- B.S. in an engineering discipline required (e.g. chemical, mechanical)
- Experience in preventative maintenance and reliability a plus.