Our client is US Storage vendor and they are one of leader in the Storage space. The company is also ranked at one of the best multinational workplace.
As a Commercial Account Manager in our client's Sales function, you are responsible for selling our client's Products to new and existing customers, as well as maintaining positive on-going relationships to meet evolving customer needs. Your overall focus areas will be in prospecting, developing business, responding to RFP's, developing proposals for presentation to customers, and selling Products and Services. Cross-functional teams from Marketing, Systems Engineering and Product Development functions provide support and tools for you to leverage to attain and exceed sales performance goals. You will utilize your excellent relationship building, negotiating, and technical skills to be successful in this role.
The essential responsibilities of the CAM are to work directly with customers to capture sales opportunities and to work effectively across functions with other employees. A seasoned professional with a wide range of experiences, this individual uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. Will be responsible for a specific geographical install base and large, complex, high visibility, strategic, or tactically important accounts.
- Use relationship management techniques to develop selling opportunities within existing and new customer accounts; penetrate new divisions and organizations within assigned accounts; develop new selling relationships within assigned partner accounts.
- Schedule and attend sales call appointments with customers. Other sales team members may also participate in the sales call to help qualify the opportunity.
- Determining if customer has a valid need for our client's products and services.
- Proposing an evaluation test project to enable the customer to test the product or products in their own environment.
- Determining acceptance criteria that a customer could use to determine the success of an evaluation test project.
- Utilizing a consultative approach, discuss business issues with customer and develop a formal quote, a written sales proposal, or a formal sales presentation addressing their business needs.
- Respond to RFP's and follow up with customer.
- Develop an account management plan to sell to customer based on their business need.
- Build and strengthen your business relationship with customers within existing accounts. Ensure that their needs are being met.
- Recommend marketing strategies.
- Provide status information to your Manager including forecast/pipeline information.
- Provide or facilitate training opportunities for your accounts.
- Identify customer references that can be utilized when reference selling.
- 8 to 12 years of experience is preferred in IT sales
- A Bachelor of Arts or Sciences Degree in Electrical Engineer or Computer Science; or related field is required. A Graduate Degree is desired.
- Specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, including presentation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with employees within department and across functions.
- Aptitude for understanding how technology products and solutions solve business problems.
- Ability to convey information clearly and provide analysis as needed to help customer make buying decisions.
- A subject matter expert and Ability to influence sales team decisions and initiatives. May act as a team leader and major decision maker for team projects.
- Independently drives results as limited management supervision and direction is provided.
- Works with and influences senior internal personnel within the function, employees in other functions that support the sales effort, and has direct customer contact.