Our client is a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of enterprise, government and start-up business and organizations in over 190 countries around the world. Launched in 2006, “The Company” officially began offering developer customers access to web services – now widely known as cloud computing – based on the Company’s own back-end technology platform.
The responsibilities will include:
- Focus on a set of Global Accounts in partnership with the Global Accounts Manager. The aim is to build mind share and broad use of all the company’s utility computing web services.
- Owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects,
- Working across teams to facilitate widespread use and adoption of the company platform, and developing a deep expertise in the company technologies,
- Broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the company cloud platform.
- Regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises along with technical deep dive drive technical discussions to create world class systems for the company.
- Enjoy keeping existing technical skills and developing new ones, so that you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions around systems and applications in the cloud.
- Speaking and presentation skills – Presentations, white boarding, large and small group speaking (English) and C-Level engagements.
- Technical – Web services development/deployment experience, and IT systems and network engineering experience.
- Operations and Security – Website/web services as well as traditional IT operations, management, and security and compliance experience.
- Economic and business – RFP/Acquisition support; market analysis; cost benefit analysis, etc.
- Experience in engaging enterprise class environment and complex architecture designs.
- Possess C-Level customer facing skills that will allow them to represent the company well within the customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, and risk mitigation.
- Should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
- Enjoy working with customers of all shapes and sizes and have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud computing systems for a diverse and challenging set of customers.
- Have a strong understanding of large scale cloud computing solutions.
- You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge.
- Have a passion for helping customers design large distributed systems.
- Have a knack for helping organizations understand application architectures and integration approaches, architecting advanced cloud-based solutions, and launching the build-out of those systems.
- One of those rare technologists with the consultative leadership skills to help guide major projects to success.
- More than 10 years of current solutions architecture (implementation/consulting) experience.
- Experience architecting infrastructure solutions using both Linux/Unix and Windows with specific recommendations on server, load balancing, HA/DR, & storage architectures.
- Experience architecting or deploying Cloud/Virtualization solutions in enterprise customer environments is a must.
- Enterprise application and database architecture.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
Good to Have
- Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background highly desired.
- Experience working within the Enterprise software market or Internet industries in the ASEAN region is highly desired.
- Working knowledge of software development practices and Internet-related technologies highly desired.
- AWS specific experience a bonus.