Our client is one of the most advanced companies in the business of providing on-demand delivery of IT resources via the Internet. Based in US, the vendor is one of the largest and most progressive internet companies.
- Managing a dream team.
- Help develop the industry’s best cloud-based solutions designers and practitioners by enabling and coaching them on best practices, technical customer relationship management, and the technical communication skills necessary to create and present architectures of a widely varying size and complexity.
- Help team members ramp up and boot strap themselves on the company products as well as speaking, writing, presentation, and executive interaction skills.
- Need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other departments such as sales, product development, human resources, marketing, and representing your team to executive management.
- Hire, on-board, train, and develop new Solutions Architects from internal and external sources.
- Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of the company, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
- Coach Solutions Architects in the skills needed to conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions so they can transfer deep technical skills to customers who are considering or using the company services and products.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the solution architect community.
- Guide and motivate the development of whitepapers, data sheets, and other high leverage customer facing guidance and best practices.
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customer accounts to enable them to be “Cloud advocates”.
- Act as a technical conduit and liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support.
- 10+ years’ design/implementation/consulting experience of distributed applications.
- 3+ years management of technical, customer facing resources
- Enjoy developing technical talent to achieve great things.
- Experienced and motivated technical managers to coach, grow, and partner with technically skilled, customer facing Solutions Architects in field offices.
- Have what it takes to lead the best in the industry.
- You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud computing experts for a diverse and challenging set of customers ranging from small business to large enterprises.
- Have a strong understanding of large scale computing solutions.
- Have past experience working as a Solutions Architect or similar role and managing a team of a Solutions Architects.
- You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so that you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions.
- Deep experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Software design or development
- Infrastructure architecture
- Storage technology
- Content distribution
- Database architecture
- IP Networking
- IT Security
- Performance Tuning
- Systems Operations
- Working knowledge of development methodologies and more than one of the following languages: .NET / C++ / Java / PHP / Perl / Python / Ruby on Rails.
- Act as a key manager of the business development and sales management team, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the company cloud platform.
- Must be able to recognize trends across your team and their customer base, aggregate and effectively articulate those trends and observations to the right internal stakeholders.
- Presentation skills; high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences.
- Strong written communication and verbal skills; this role will require the creation of content such as whitepapers and other written deliverables.
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
- Need to be technically capable and credible in your own right, as well as able to effectively shape the customer relationship management and solution focused skills of your team.
- Enjoy introducing new technology and helping colleagues and customers embrace and adopt new technology and ways of thinking about technology.
Good to Have
- Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background highly desired.
- Experience working within the Enterprise software market or Internet industries in the Singapore is highly desired.
- Working knowledge of software development practices and Internet-related technologies highly desired.