Project Manager aka Miracle Worker
“So tell me, do you think a Project Manager’s role is to help realise people’s ideas or manage people’s expectations?”
We think it's both. And we won’t promise you an easy life, but if you relish a challenge (and a good snack every now and then) and are able to find a silver lining in all this madness, this is a golden opportunity for you to be part of the team!
Our client is a Singapore home grown technology company with a 20 year history and still going strong with plans to grow 50% more in 2018! They focus on mobile and web applications in the exciting space of digital health & more. Frankly, if you ask me, they are already making waves with their technological solutions & initiatives that have impacted thousands of people and lives!
And this is where they need you – The Project Manager aka Miracle Worker because you would literally be the one trying to make things (or miracles) happen - rallying people, resources and technical folks, solving problems and making sure that everyone and everything completes on time, within budget & that the customer is HAPPY. J
“So. Up for this challenge & amazing journey with them?”
You will be awesome if you can …
- Efficiently manage assigned projects right from tender award, through to delivery and maintenance – keeping good time, great quality and within budget.
- Be a whizz at making sure that all execution plans are well developed, with everyone having a clear idea of their roles and responsibilities, deliverables and schedules.
- Be on top of things every minute of the day - manage project development phases better than anyone else - plan, assign and track – and yet have time for that good snack every now and then…
- Be organised and meticulous to document project specs & design and implement systems based on customer requirements.
- Be the PM who knows best-practice Project Management processes and documentation like the back of your hand.
- Keep your customers engaged and happy – build and maintain great customer relationships and always engage them in the study and analysis of their requirements to customise solutions according to their needs.
For the above, ideally you have these to hit the ground running if you have a track record of:
- A Degree/Diploma in Computer Science or equivalent
- Good experience in IT project management, Java and/or .NET software design & development involving the use of databases
- Executing projects with strong client facing, communication & mediation skills
Would be even better if you had these:
- Participating in technical presales activities e.g. being involved in presales demos and presentations to the customers, provide technical inputs to tenders and proposals, assist in preparing sales kits and overseeing the setup and maintenance of demo sites and systems from ground up etc
- Experience with public sector projects in Singapore
- Experience in developing on Unix/Linux environments
Culture wise, you will fit right in if you are:
A team player and an action taker
A 'go with the flow' and positive attitude, resilient and energetic
Organised and meticulous, great follow up skills
Have the ability to problem-solve and be very resourceful
Enjoy constant learning and working with new technologies
Socially savvy with high EQ
A natural tenacity, resilence and determination will make it easier for you
Last but not the least : Love to have and share good snacks every now and then