To accompany our customers in their digital transformation, we offer a portfolio of services such as IaaS, PaaS, DBaaS, Data Analytics, DevOps in Public, Private and Hybrid mode enriched with managed application and cloud professional services.
As part of the development of the Cloud Professional Services practice, we are looking for a Senior Cloud Consultant whose main mission is to analyze the IT of the client in order to define the transformation and transition plan to Hybrid Cloud IaaS/PaaS services and application management.
This is a newly created position with great opportunity for growth and exposure to new technologies.
- Drive IT consulting studies to transform customer IT landscape
- Drive adoption of Public, Private cloud and Cloud Professional services
- Support the Cloud AMs (Hunter) in the IT sales and pre-sales phase and drive the sale of Cloud consulting services
- Provide strategic guidance to clients with regard to technology, IT infrastructures, application hosting
- Propose and execute cloud consulting assessment to determine customers’ existing IT landscape including inventory of customer existing environment (application, infrastructure, usage and performance)
- Analyze the impacts and benefits of transforming customer legacy IT towards the Cloud
- Study the eligibility of applications to the cloud (business, technical and security) and propose different types of services and Cloud models
- Design, architect and propose new architecture for customer IT landscape based on hybrid cloud model
- Develop transition and transformation plans for customer IT application and data migration
- Define, propose, sell and implement required Proof of Concept to demonstrate the above
- Remain personally up-to-date and ensure that the team remains up-to-date on relevant IT Services technologies, products and services.
- Actively contribute to the solutions portfolio by providing technical knowledge and methodologies based on experience gained from customer projects.
- As trusted advisor, create and maintain effective customer relationships with CIOs and IT teams
- The Senior Cloud Consultant is responsible for understanding evolving end user requirements and usage models in Big Data and Analytics, as well as the evolving technologies and best practices employed within Big Data to design, construct, and manage cloud based technical solutions as required.
- Design, construct, and manage the data lake environment including the data ingestion, staging, data quality monitoring, and business modelling.
- Provides thought and technical leadership in establishing analytic environments required for structured, semi-structured and unstructured data that includes a real-time cloud based infrastructure with both hot and cold-path data processing capabilities and that minimizes processing resource utilization through elastic execution.
- Drive the collection, cleansing, processing, and analysis of new and existing data sources, including the oversight for defining and reporting data quality and consistency metrics.
- Develop innovative solutions to complex Big Data projects
- Drive the ecosystem partners to test and productize big data applications and use case onto our marketplace
- Develops, documents and implement best practices for Big Data solutions and services
- Learn & stay current on Big Data & Internet of Things developments, news, opportunities, and challenges
- The candidate will possess both technical and customer-facing skills that will allow them to be a "trusted advisor" to customers. He or she will be able to facilitate relationships with senior personnel, as well as easily interact and give guidance to software developers, IT pros, and system architects. The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
- Ability to develop TCO models and assess business impacts, ROI etc highly desirable.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams.
- A talent for being able to influence and build mindshare convincingly with any audience. Confident and experienced in public speaking to large audiences.
- Ability to work across an Asia-Pacific context (ASEAN, HK, China, Australia, India, Japan).
- Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior executives and growing cloud consumption share in large or highly strategic accounts
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences or a relevant technical field
- 5+ years of progressive experience in Data Modeling, Data Architecture, or other work related to the construction of enterprise data assets.
- 3+ years of experience in designing and developing cloud based solutions (preferably through AWS, Azure).
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience with Big Data platforms and software like Hadoop, Apache Spark, Apache NiFi, Cassandra, HBase, HDFS, Map-Reduce, Hive, PIG, MongoDB, Sqoop, Storm
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience with AWS services including S3, Kinesis, Lambda, EMR, DynamoDB, Redshift, Spark, RDS and frameworks such as Hortonworks and/or Cloudera
- Hands-on experience working with large complex data sets, real-time/near real-time analytics, and distributed big data platforms
- Strong programming skills. Experience with and the ability to troubleshoot and tune relevant programming languages like Python, SQL, Java/Scala/Ruby, R, PIG Latin, HiveQL & MapReduce.
- Deep understanding of major RDBMS systems like Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, & Sybase
- Solid understanding of ETL architectures, data movement technologies, database partitioning, database optimization, and building communication channels between structured and unstructured databases.
- Experience with techniques for Parallel & Distributed computing for Big Data, such as MapReduce Framework, Hadoop, YARN
- Knowledge of data management including data warehousing
- Working knowledge of statistical modeling, and statistical libraries such as R, Python, Spark MLib
- A strong understanding of data profiling and data cleansing techniques
- Extensive experience in multidimensional data modeling, such as star schemas, snowflakes, normalized and de-normalized models, handling slowly changing dimensions/attributes.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with proven communication and consensus building abilities.
- Proven skills to work effectively across internal functional areas in ambiguous situations