Our client is US Storage vendor and they are one of leader in the Storage space. The company is also ranked amongst the top 10 World's Best Multinational Workplace in 2016.
As a Channel Sales Representative (CSR) you are responsible for selling Client’s Products and Professional Services through Channel Partners in an assigned geographic area. Your ability to penetrate new divisions and organizations within your assigned accounts is essential to you being successful in this role. Cross-functional teams from Client’s Marketing, Systems Engineering and Product Development functions provide support and tools for you to leverage to attain and exceed sales performance goals.
The essential responsibilities of the Channel Sales Representatives are to work directly with customers to capture sales opportunities, and to work effectively across functions with other Client’s employees. Your focus is on several identified channel partners.
- Use relationship management techniques to develop selling opportunities within partner organizations; penetrate new divisions and organizations within assigned partner account; develop new selling relationships within assigned partner account.
- Schedule and attend sales call appointments with a prospect in partner organization. Channel Partner Representatives may also participate in the sales call to help qualify the opportunity.
- Utilizing a consultative approach, discuss business issues with prospect and develop a formal quote, a written sales proposal or a formal sales presentation addressing their business needs.
- Respond to RFP's and follow up with customer.
- Develop an account management plan to sell to customer based on their business need.
- Build and strengthen your business relationship with customers or prospects within existing accounts.
- Recommend marketing strategies.
- Provide status information to your Manager including forecast/pipeline information.
- Provide, or facilitate training opportunities for your accounts.
- Identify Client customer references that can be utilized when reference selling.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills including presentation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with employees within the sales function and across functions including Marketing, Sales Operations, System Engineering, and Product Development.
- Experience with target account selling, solution selling, and/or consultative sales techniques.
- An aptitude for understanding how technology products and solutions solve business problems.
- Ability to communicate with senior managers about their business challenges and Client data management storage solutions.
- Experience using contact management software.
- Track record of exceeding assigned sales quotas in contiguous, multiple years.
- As a seasoned, experienced professional, with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures, this individual will apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving a wide range of issues in imaginative and practical ways.
- Is responsible for a specific geographical install base and medium to large accounts.
- May have own account responsibility or work on a team.
- This individual effectively works with senior internal personnel within the function, some employees in other functions that support the sales effort, and has direct customer contact.
- Little management direction is provided on day to day work; general instructions are given on new assignments; as well as review of activities and priorities.
- The ideal candidate is a subject matter expert and contributes proactively to sales team efforts and positively influences decisions. May also act as a team leader and main decision maker for team projects.
Good to have
- 5 to 8 years of experience in Channel Sales within Datacenter IT environment is preferred.
- Strong understanding of Datacenter channel eco-system is preferred.
- A Bachelor of Arts or Sciences Degree; or related field is preferred.
- Experience which demonstrates a strong level of expertise in technical specifications required to sell Client’s products and services is required.