Our client is US based Networking company, VC funded and they are seeking a self-starting, goal-oriented, and teamwork minded Regional Sales Engineer/Lead with a high-level of customer service commitment, as well as a level head for quick thinking under pressure.
He/She should be comfortable and familiar dealing with major Telco accounts and large-scale network support in varied environments, including the protocols and hardware related to these deployments. Must be capable of hitting the ground running with new technology and minimal ramp-up time.
He/She will provide direct support during sales calls and is well-versed in WAN connectivity, networking, Cloud, and SaaS services and technologies, and able to drill down into specific technological areas as it relates to these areas.
He/She is responsible for supporting SP pre-sales for accounts traditional Tier 2/Tier 3 wireline operators, as well as some larger Tier 2 operators.
And lastly, he/she must be well-versed in WAN connectivity, networking, Cloud, and SaaS services and technologies, and able to drill down into specific technological areas as it relates to these areas. The SE-SP will leverage his or her networking knowledge and expertise, combine with the modern cloud and virtualization technologies, to solve modern WAN challenges.
- Provide advanced pre-sales support to the sales organization to drive the successful sales of our client’s solutions to mid to large service providers.
- Provide network designs and architectures, in addition to technical recommendations and advice to our client’s SP prospects.
- Lead technical responses to RFI’s, RFP’s, and sales proposals
- Provide the technical training to our client’s SP prospects, and will participate in joint sales calls with SP partners on an as needed basis. This training will ensure the SP partner is appropriately trained and prepared to successfully prospect, market, and sell our client’s products and services to its enterprise customers.
- Translate complex requirements into our client’s network solutions. Create overall network solutions consisting of design documents, statements of work, bills of materials, and support arrangements.
- Responsible for supporting the SP’s POCs, lab trials, field trials, and Beta programs in the SE’s respective territory.
- Work with the sales team to coordinate technical personnel to ensure SP partners meet their sales and support objectives of our client’s solutions.
- Work with the sales team to hit regional sales objectives and quotas, and will help coordinate and participate in the SP’s events and presentations.
- The SE-SP must be able to provide technical training to Service Provider customers as needed to ensure the Service Provider is appropriately trained and prepared to successfully prepare the Service Provider to test, integrate, and deploy our client’s SD-WAN products and services.
- The SE-SP will work with Solution Architects, Product Managers, and Engineers to translate the Service Provider’s complex requirements into our client’s network solutions, and will be part of the team to create overall network solutions consisting of design documents, statements of work, bills of materials, and support arrangements.
- Network Industry Certification preferred (CCIE or equivalent) preferred. BGP and OSPF routing knowledge and experience a must.
- 7 years of experience with data centers, networking, WAN technologies, and Cloud services, particularly through Value Added Resellers and Systems Integrators for enterprise markets.
- Experience working with AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, and/or other large Service Providers in a network engineering capacity.
- Able to configure/troubleshoot L2 and L3 Switching, VLANs/VTP, STP/RSTP, L3 Routing, OSPF, RIP (v1 and 2), IGRP/EIGRP, BGP, HSRP, ACLs, SNMP, ICMP, TCP/IP, UDP
- Hands-on experience with Linux is a must. In addition, experience with technologies used for building cloud services, such as virtualization (VMware, KVM, or Xen) and OpenStack is a plus
- Exceptional communication and listening skills, ability to establish rapport and credibility and clearly articulate a value proposition.
- Analytical abilities, coupled with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Experience in a high-volume or critical production service environment.
- Ability to understand and explain many different technologies and to communicate technical concepts in non-technical terms.
- Expect 35% - 45% travel requirements
- BS Computer Science preferred
GOOD TO HAVE
- Start up experience a major plus!