Our client delivers the modern platform for data management and analytics. They provide the world’s fastest, easiest, and most secure Apache Hadoop platform to help their client solve your most challenging business problems with data.
Their goal is to make each individual feel valued for his or her contributions to the company’s mission. They are looking for smart people who want to do remarkable things. They strive to create an environment of casual intensity where people enjoy coming to work every day.
- The Solutions Consultants work on the consulting team as members of our Professional Services group.
- The Solutions Consultants do not act as typical consultants, they function as Hadoop Team leads at our client locations for short term engagements and do everything from getting the product up and running to training and hiring a team to support the product.
- Strong client consulting experience.
- Gathering and understanding customer business requirements.
- Must have:
- Experience in Spark (including PySpark), and basic familiarity with regression, classification, and clustering techniques
- Data Science background and/or experience
- Consulting background and/or comfortable in working with customers
- Working knowledge of setting up and running Hadoop clusters
- Knowledge on how to create and debug Hadoop jobs
- Demonstrated experience gathering and understanding customer business requirements
- Should have:
- Knowledge of distributed systems
- Knowledge of complex data pipelines and ETL
- Knowledge of common ETL packages / libraries
- Familiarity with data warehousing concept
Good to Have
- Understanding of configuration management systems (e.g. Puppet, Chef) and concepts behind mass configuration
- Experience with most of the following:
- One or more of Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Concurrency and synchronization
- Fallacies of distributed computing
- Common IPC/RPC methods and patterns
- High availability and business continuity
- Queuing patterns and pipeline design
- Batch operations
- Messaging systems and patterns
- Solid OS / networking fundamentals
- Virtual memory management