Our client is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience. The company also serves as its customer’s trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
This role reports to the Manager of Sales Engineering, is responsible for selling services and retaining revenue by providing technical customer support to assigned accounts. The SE interacts with customers to execute the technical aspects of the sales strategy by developing appropriate solutions and building technical relationships. The SE must able to focus ambiguous customer needs into specific, deliverable requirements and solutions to help qualify and quantify opportunities.
The SE resolves technical issues arising during the sales engagement, helps clients define specifications and requirements, develops solutions, and provides technology presentations to both technical and management-level audiences. The SE acts as a mentor and shares knowledge on technology, products and services to other functions in the company.
- Customer Meetings and Meeting Preparation:
- Leads and attends customer meetings in person and via the phone.
- Prepares highly complex technical proposals and presentations.
- Provides broad scope responses to product and industry questions.
- Demonstrates advanced solution selling abilities and effective, pro-active customer communications.
- Interacts with all levels of customer's management team.
- Customer Solution Development:
- Analyzes customers business needs and develops intermediate range strategies based on knowledge of customer’s current communication network, equipment and business on how company can competitively meet customer’s needs.
- Independently completes highly difficult, custom designs.
- Internal and External Training:
- Advises customers and sales on technical aspects of company products including fit to customer’s needs, features, availability, etc Serves as mentor and technical advisor to more junior colleagues by providing first level escalation, direction, and assistance.
- Actively involved in industry organizations and forums.
- Thought leadership/Process Improvement:
- Internal feedback loop to product & sales leadership teams on customer experience, product features/functionality, Service Implementation/Management.
- Provides training to internal groups.
- Customer Advocate:
- Acts as customer advocate as necessary for pre-sales activities and minimal postsales activities.
- Degree or above preferably in Telecommunication Engineering or related disciplines
- At least 10 years relevant experience in the telecommunication industry, including 5 to 6 years in customer fronting presales position within the company or comparable organization serving customers across multiple industries.
- Communication: Advanced written and verbal communication skills in English. Written and verbal communication skills in Chinese will be a plus. Must have proactive communication style ensuring timely status of projects to account team & customers. Able to extract hidden or unrealized customer requirements and gain consensus on these requirements with the customer. Able to focus ambiguous customer needs into specific, deliverable requirements. Able to develop relationships and communicate with high level customer technical staff and executives.
- Technical Skills: Advanced working understanding of voice/data/internet applications, communications technology and network design, expert understanding of 1 or more specialized products. Advanced understanding of technical terminology related to company products & services. General knowledge of voice and data communications equipment. Advanced understanding of sales cycles & solution selling process, preferably at multiple levels, i.e., Internet and enterprise. Advanced level presentation skills. Expert ability to graphically depict solutions in a compelling manner.
- Problem Solving: Expert analytical skills. Able to work through complex issues with a methodical approach. Expert ability to graphically depict solutions in a compelling manner.
- Work Style: Able to work independently and as part of a team. Able to work under pressure with tight deadlines. Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Must be detail oriented.
- Computer Skills: Advanced MS Office Suite knowledge and usage. Able to learn internal company systems.
- Business Acumen: Must have an intermediate understanding of company financial measures. Must have advanced understanding of telecommunications industry and sales cycles.
- Able to travel as needed