Our Client is the world’s largest technology distributor and the only IT distributor with operations globally. They are hiring a position of APAC Program Manager based in Singapore, reporting to Director, Projects & Transformation APAC
The Program Manager is a multi-faceted position, requiring the incumbent to work across APAC Country Leadership / Stakeholders to define & manage critical success factors in the delivery of Strategic Initiatives.
The role is accountable for ensuring successful execution of multiple projects of differing scales and complexities, spanning various functions and business units. It requires partnering with key regional and global functions, whilst continually assessing opportunities for best practice, and providing solution options for potential leverage into the region.
The incumbent will be integral in developing, driving prioritization plans with key stakeholders, sensitivity analysis and recommendations to eliminate conflicting priorities and resource scenarios.
The Program Manager will be required to work across Global, Region and Local Stakeholders & Business Units to clearly define, consistently maintain appropriate roadmaps tied back to a critical path with assigned ownership / stakeholders.
The incumbent will hold strong interpersonal and communication skills, to ensure all levels of leadership Global, Region & Local are atop of progression to key milestones and required to continually and consistently assess and foresee potential roadblocks / red flags and provide recommendations to eliminate project risk and delays. On an ad-hoc basis, the Program Manager will be required to travel within the APAC Region to support such areas as workshops, project scoping, best practice evaluation and training, deployment and adoption as necessary
Key Focus Areas will include;
- Defining and coordinating project prioritization and pipelines, clear tollgates, responsibilities kept intact to the programs schedule
- Design program roadmaps including resource allocations with APAC country Leadership, and align Region and Global functions the same
- Assist in designing relevant workflow assessments with countries and functional business units in support of streamlining operating models and increasing hygiene
- Work with Regional / Global IS to evaluate and identify common solutions for faster deployment, and define tactical execution plans for best practice adoption
- Bring country teams together to derive consolidated requirement establishment and prioritization for solution development in areas of ERP, CRM, Digital Transformation, BI Programs
- Support core APAC Initiatives & Operating Model assessments in areas such as new business models, outsourcing, financial leakage and organizational design to increase profitable growth
- Lead & develop tailored PMO models and approaches to support the programs deliverables effectively, ensuring critical path and sub projects / system dependencies scenarios are addressed
- Establish robust communication plans and program governance, anticipate and address roadblocks with APAC Leadership
Responsibilities, Supporting Actions & End-Results
Major Responsibility: PMO (Global Programs)
Supporting Actions: Work across Regional & Global Business Units to qualify, digest
and design appropriate Program & Sub Project plans & KPI’s
- Define clear roadmaps for transformational objectives, inclusive of sub project dependencies and business redesign / change management aspects as required
- Provide insights and inputs to Global and Country Change Managers with regard potential risk areas, organizational redesign and sensitivity analysis
- Formulate systematic and consistent approaches to drive commonality & unified solutions both from a global perspective, as well as intra-region initiatives, supporting
- requirement gathering and prioritization
- Assist in prioritization planning for core global initiatives in coordination with APAC countries, identifying risk mitigation plans, resource allocation and address roadblocks and conflicting issues constraining projects delivery cycles
- Provide guidance to countries with proposed solutions for tactical execution, establish critical path scenario’s and sensitivity analysis models
- Develop robust communication plans and schedules in to ensure Country Leadership & Program Owners obtain consistent and timely status updates, and key focus or remediation areas addressed for resolution
- Identify potential Best Practice solutions / opportunities via continually assessing Global, Region & Country solutions in place across a network of core SME’s & Stakeholders.
- Provide support pre and post assessment of Operating Models & Organization Structures in coordination with Change Managers, to ensure appropriate migration / transformation plans are aligned to the size and scope of work
- Ad-hoc support and travel primarily within APAC in support of conduct gap analysis, requirement gathering, and prioritization workshop
Major Responsibility: PMO (Regional Initiatives) Supporting Actions:
- Work with and across a defined network of dedicated country leads, establishing requirements, country nuances & alignment, to develop appropriate execution plans / timelines
- Understanding & Assess potential Best Practices within APAC & Globally, assessing fit for purpose and/or developmental needs to retain critical leverage and ROI to countries
- Design and develop core project and solution pipeline across APAC countries, continually assess harmonization and leveraging opportunities from reusable assets (systems, structures, process) to drive increase speed and efficiency
- Work with APAC Leadership / CCE’s in design, development and evolution of key strategic initiatives scope, evaluate resource allocation and prioritization scenarios to be considered
- Provide structured guidance and tactical execution plans to Countries for common application and assessment of Strategic Goals, evaluating “as-is” baselines, including challenge and success factors
- Establish the appropriate PMO structures, templates & cadence to ensure systematic and effective management of initiatives to objectives and tollgates
- Supplement initiatives, bringing in appropriate expertise needed to bridge country gaps and provide required advise and support
- Establish relevant performance indicators and measurement systems to ensure areas of adoption, growth, productivity is evolving to desired outcomes and support benchmarking insights
- Deliver Executive Management Reporting across APAC in support of broader business intelligence and decision-making needs