Head of Technical Services - APAC
A leader in application security solutions with a mission is in enabling organizations to secure applications from the start, reducing risk and cost along the way. Their platforms offer maximum application security for software developers and security experts throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
Recognised as one of Gartner’s “Cool Vendors in Application Security”. they have been named a Leader in the Gartner 2018 & 2019 Magic Quadrant for Application Security Testing! Also named the 8th fastest growing Israeli start-up by Deloitte in 2014, and was awarded a Red Herring Top 100 2014 Europe Award.
They are seeking a Head of Technical Services to support its Sales and Business Development activities in the APAC region: APJ, Australia, and New Zealand and India. Reporting to the SVP of WW Technical Services, the primary responsibility would be to provide technical solutions and support to the sales organization, manage, drive, and mentor the sales engineering group, as well as the post sales teams.
- Lead and manage the Sales engineering, Professional Services and Technical Account Managers teams in the APAC region by reviewing and technically advising the members of the team
- Lead the support, technically and commercially, Checkmarx' sales initiatives and post sales activities in APAC.
- Work closely with APAC Sales Leadership in order to ensure the region’s business goals achievement.
- Lead and Resolve advanced level escalations, situations, questions generated through customer/prospect interactions, RFPs, requests for solutions.
- Customer visits upon cases requiring expertise, focusing on value offering
- Manage knowledge sharing activities within the APAC Technical Services group and with the global TS teams.
- Convey customer requirements and field feedback from the APAC region to the Product Management, R&D, global TS teams
- Work closely with Product & R&D teams to help meet regional sales targets.
- Design implementation of solutions according to customer’s technical requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or any correlating degree; Master’s Degree and/or CISSP certification preferred
- At least 10 years managing distributed teams, among this at least 3-5 years' experience in managing Sales Engineering teams and Professional Services Teams of at least 10-15 engineers.
- At least 5 years’ experience with application / software development with C#, .NET, JAVA, PHP etc. programming languages
- At least 5 years of successful enterprise software Pre-sales and Post Sales experience
- A background in penetration testing and code review is an advantage
- At least 5 years’ experience within the AppSec domain
- Deep understanding in secure development and SDLC
- At least 4 years’ experience in the SAST arena is highly preferable
- Project management experience
- Good interpersonal relationship
- Excellent face-to-face presentation skills
- Fluent English (written & spoken), additional languages - an advantage
- Ability to speak in front of large audiences
- Excellent autonomous work capabilities
- Travel required (up to 45% or more at peaks)