This Company is a market leader in big data integration and embedded analytics. They enable IoT and Digital Transformation solutions across various industries. They are a fast growing, agile, innovation hub and has a key component social innovation strategy aimed at changing the world.
The Sales Engineers (SE) should possess technical depth as well as strong interpersonal and sales skills to work closely with Company Account Managers to sell Company Solutions that solve real-world business and technical challenges. As a SE, you have the opportunity to work with Global 1000 organizations at the forefront of big data.
• Solution Design: Interview prospects to determine business and technical requirements and determine a technical fit.
• Custom Presentations: Create compelling customized presentations tailored to prospects’ use case and vertical.
• Product Expert: Conduct technical Q&A sessions and demonstrations around company’s product features, installation, configuration, and best practices.
• Lead Evaluations: Design and scope focused evaluation plans that uniquely position company, are tied to prospect requirements, and prove out business value.
• Teamwork: Collaborate with big data experts, data scientists, consultants in the company to deliver advanced custom demonstrations, workshops, and POCs.
• Continual Learning: A passion for learning new technologies as needed. Creative troubleshooting issues that require solutions or innovative work-a-rounds
• High Impact: Key stakeholder in collaboration with marketing, product management, engineering, and professional services across Company
• Analytics Experience: 5+ Years of experience designing, implementing or supporting data warehouse or business intelligence technologies.
• Sales Experience: 5+ Years of “pre-sales” experience supporting enterprise software sales cycles
• Technology: Understanding of “Big Data” technologies (e.g. Hadoop, NoSQL, Spark) combined with hands-on working experience with core technologies including:
o Operating systems (e.g. Linux, Windows, shell scripting),
o Relational databases (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, generic SQL, JDBC)
o Content (e.g. XML, JSON, text)
o ETL, data warehousing and data engineering
o BI Tools (e.g. Tableau, Micro Strategy)
• Technology: Advanced big data implementation and java architecture experience
• Hands-on Hadoop experience
• Java programming
• Security systems (e.g. LDAP, SSO)
• Advanced analytics (e.g. R, Python, Weka, SA
• Minimum Education (or Substitute Experience)
• B.A. or B.S. Degree from an accredited university (may substitute an Associate degree plus 4 additional years of experience). Major or minor in computer science or MIS a plus