Our client is a leader in application security solutions and the first company to develop the first platform for true Source Code Analysis (SCA) with its solution; Static Application Security Testing (SAST). They are named one of Gartner’s “Cool Vendors in Application Security”.
As part of the expansion initiative, our client is looking for an ambitious, confident, and tenacious Regional Sales Manager (RSM) to be responsible for the acquisition of new customers in South & West China, excluding Hong Kong and Macau. The candidate must be entrepreneurial minded, has a go-getter attitude and possess strong business acumen. Energetic and proactive, the RSM must be able to combine various software sales and business development strategies to develop market shares and win key accounts.
The ideal candidate shall also possess the ability to promote a Business and IT management value proposition to Business and IT Leaders at C Level. He/she must have also demonstrated an ability to build strong and durable relations with regional key accounts and with an ecosystem of business partners. Always thinking out-of-the-box, the candidate is a cross-functional and cross-regional leader, optimistic and positive in the difficult situations and must be a trusted advisor.
Based in Shenzhen or Guangzhou, this candidate will report directly to the Regional Country Director, APAC.
- Pipeline Management. Build and maintain a pipeline across solutions and services that represent opportunities at different stages of the sales cycle. Excellent time management is key to ensuring consistent quarterly performance.
- Quarterly Performance. Consistently sell to achieve/overachieve the quarterly goals.
- Lead/Demand Generation. Creating new business meetings through self-generation, personal networks and working closely with in-house lead generation.
- Presentations. Responsible for creating and presenting solutions/services to prospects/customers/business partners at a very high standard of professionalism.
- Proposals.Working with various teams (Pre Sales, Product, Marketing etc) to create bid responses and tenders and acting as the Single Point of Contact (Bid Manager) before releasing to the customer/business partner.
- Negotiation. Responsible for driving the pricing and win strategy for each opportunity. Strong negotiation skills to maximize return and protect the integrity of each opportunity.
- Technical Advisor. Must be competent to provide sound technical advise of the solution to customers and business partners.
- Team Participation. Contribute to the development of the APAC Sales organization through creativity and communications. Help other members of the team, share information, encourage and support all individuals in their role; daily communication with team to share ideas, experiences, learning, support and advice.
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in Enterprise Software Sales and Channel Sales in China.
- Experience in Security Domain is a major advantage.
- Self-motivated with the ability to stay focused to on goals and objectives, and achieving progressively higher quota or other sales related goals.
- Detailed knowledge of key customer types or customers.
- Ability to lead and drive the selling of complex solutions and services, with minimal tactical direction.
- Maintain timely and accurate account documentation in CRM and to management.
- Understand market dynamics and needs. Work with Marketing to brainstorm lead generation campaigns, support lead generation campaigns and generate relevant marketing plans for developing the region.
- Manage and sell through specific partner organizations to end users in coordination with partner sales resources.
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree is preferred.
- Fluent in Putonghua is a must and English (business proficient) is necessary.
- Executive level presentation and excellent communication skills.
- Possess strong technical capabilities, lead technical discussions and demo of the solution.
- Demonstrated level of project management skills.
- Willingness to travel extensively within China (about 50%).